Thursday, December 5, 2013

Inflation

I thought I'd play around with inflation, but before I reached the end of the first sentence of the Wikipedia entry, I was lost. Not in a head-shaking huh sort of way, though perhaps that would've come had I thought about economics and the economy much longer, both words blue with hyperlinks ready to take me elsewhere. I didn't go and won't. Let's face it, blue and fun don't mix. Rather, the lostness I felt at that moment put me right inside the inflatable beaver of all places, the one people were posing with in Regina, and believe me, ending up in that particular beaver takes some doing. Of course it's only when you're inside that you realize you could be anywhere. This is a stretch, I thought as I looked around for the exit. And then I looked up. The inflatable beaver's teeth looked like urinals. That's when the smell hit me. Heads up: if this ever happens to you, you will flip. That's right. I had to turn around. Inflatable tails it is.    

No comments: