Tuesday, November 26, 2013

But they've got money up main, the buggers

I want my downtown back.  Why is it the bigger the festival, the higher the fence? What if my nation has nothing to do with inflatable beavers and adults and children in fatigues? But the other night after the game--an hour after, this was--when the throng hit Albert and Vic, the rabble of it all approached scary from the right side but never got there. I fell asleep. If I were the quarterback of such a team I'd invite seven or eight leaders on the team over to my place, sit down in my living room with the cup on floor among us, and talk about how we're going to keep it. Let's see, today's Tuesday? I think Friday night would be about right, heavy drinking subsided. Once I was mistaken for a quarterback, who had my last name. The barber went on about it. I didn't say a word.

No comments: