Friday, August 8, 2008

Tonight we went horseback riding

I can't remember what we were talking about at the time, but somehow during our walk horses came up. The imaginary ones we rode through childhood. You did that as a kid, right, H asked as he shook the invisible reins and galloped off down the road, slapping his backside to make his horse gallop faster. And it did. Likely a quarter horse. Good at barrel racing, I bet. I nudged my nag in the flanks a few times before it budged. It bucked a bit, reared up, and then took off. Off I galloped down the backstretch, slapping my backside, but H was ahead by a good ten lengths and pulling away. There's no way my horse could catch him. But it did pretty good for a Shetland.

3 comments:

Ariel Gordon said...

O, how lovely!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thanks, A! We galloped right by the place where you and H were picking slag. I wonder if anyone saw us...

Gerald Hill said...

I hope someone did. It must have looked wicked. And thanks for the new category: walk horses.