Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Yesterday the rain froze on the windows

I knew it would be slippery out there, but I had to step out and I had to be careful as I couldn't afford to break a hip and be late, not when I have a date with a pyrotechnician.  We meet twice a year in a public space for reasons that don't pertain to this story, but I will say I drove right by the pyrotechnician on my way to the flu clinic the day before and didn't know it. Nor did I see any man with white gloves, but apparently I drove by him too. He was standing right beside the Grey Cup. I didn't see that either, but it was there, just two blocks from here, and I was clueless. Mind you, that's not quite true. I thought I felt a wave of chills as I drove by and I gave a little shudder, but now I suspect it was cheers I felt along with the remote shutter of the camera as the pyrotechnician took a selfie with the cup and the flash bounced back and, well, you get the picture.