Saturday, July 4, 2015

The scapes

 A little olive oil, medium grill. Those were the instructions. I had no hand in the preparation, however. My only part was a clean snip in midafternoon so the wound would have a chance to begin healing before nightfall. I learned how thanks to a video on YouTube. And the snips were indeed clean. I know all about scissors. I harvested only four scapes, handing them over as the wind picked up and the smoke thickened, then I went my own way. The rest of the afternoon passed in a haze. At some point the scapes appeared before me. All I know is they slid down and I experienced the divine. I left the tips for they were as burnt as I’d imagined and seeing them lying on the plate after I was finished brought a measure of relief. At least I know enough to trust my visions. 

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Happy to see you two hopping again!